Most businesses that are just starting out prefer to use email copywriting for their marketing. Why?
- It is the quickest way to send business and product information to prospects.
- It is the most inexpensive among other marketing tools.
- It can easily measure the results of the email copywriting campaign.
So, let’s say you already created your email copy using all the email copywriting strategies you have learned. What comes next?
It’s time to build your Email List
You need a list of email addresses where you can send your email copy or newsletter. This is a crucial factor for your email copywriting campaign. No matter how great your email copy is, it will be useless without the list.
The Email List Strategy
One strategy that small business owners use is to trade a particular skill set with another business owner. This is in exchange for promoting their website on the other business owner’s email list. If you have a particular skill that other business owners don’t have, trade it for their email list. It could be copywriting, web design, video making, etc. If you can find these email list owners, you can exchange your skills so you can promote your website using their list.
So, how do you find these Email List owners?
- Social Media Networking. There is no doubt that social media is the easiest way to meet people who share the same interests as yours. The people you meet can turn into valuable contacts for your business. Even if they don’t have the list that you’re looking for, they may refer and introduce you to someone who does.
- Ask for Referrals. It doesn’t hurt to ask for referrals from your colleagues. There’s a great chance that they know other business owners whom they can introduce you to.
- Join Forums. Check out online forums where you can join and actively participate in the discussion. Be helpful and answer questions whenever you can. Do not pitch your offer right away. Wait for the right time before you make your offer to trade.
- Size Does Not Matter. Do not ignore those smaller email list owners. A list is a list, no matter the size is. Small list owners are more likely to accept your offer. Who knows? They may even refer you to someone who might be interested in a similar deal. It all goes down to referral marketing.
- Do What You Do Best. If you have just started with your business, it’s difficult for others to trust you immediately. However, when you’re on your way to success and people recognize it, you will earn their respect. They will start to promote your business without you asking for it.
Do you know other ways on how to build email lists for email copywriting campaigns? Share or trade with us in the comment section.