The Internet has now become a social experience that no one can simply ignore. A lot of avenues have opened up for marketers and business owners because of the social web. Through social media marketing, you can now easily reach your target market. There are different methods available to research, identify and serve your target customers based on their specific needs. It is now simpler to get into their thoughts to market and promote your company and products.
To create, execute and evaluate a social media plan requires a large amount of time, money and resources. That is why it is important to develop efficient social media processes that will help you save on these aspects.
Harness Your Existing Team
Make use of your front line employees who already support customers through different mediums like phone or chat. These are the people who already know your products and services. At the same time, they have already been trained in customer relations. Work closely together when figuring out how to organize your social media efforts. Make sure that the structure and process that you have come up with will be beneficial to everyone. Refrain from giving them too many guidelines to follow. Let your employees unleash their potentials that will give them freedom to engage customers online.
Develop a Smart Plan
One of the purposes of social media is to make communication easier. So make sure your communication process is not complicating or causing problems. You cannot afford to spend too much time in making decisions or creating complex processes for approval. That is why it is important to build a plan that is smart and responds quickly. Otherwise, the opportunity will be gone. If too many people are involved in the process, it will reduce your efficiency and confuse your customers.
Minimize Your Expenses on Tools and Consultants
Many businesses are spending too much money on social media tools and consultants which is not necessary. Here’s why:
- A variety of social media tools perform similar functions. If you use several key tools and build the right framework, it will enable a number of business units to use the same tool within the company. It can accomplish a lot of things and achieve big savings for your business.
- You don’t need to bring in expensive consultants who only provide high level of information which your business knows internally. You need to trust your own employees and provide them with the best strategy and direction to know the subject.
Get Qualified Talent
If you cannot find the right talent internally, then you can always resort into hiring experienced social media managers. It’s not necessary that you need an entire team to do the job. Getting at least one strategist can help save money for your business in the long run. Rather than scrimping on this resource and then paying the price later for damaged reputation.
Learn from Other Organizations
Providing your social media practitioners with the right knowledge will save them plenty of time. This means establishing social media education programs within your company where your colleagues can discuss the best practices. Here’s how you can educate your employees with social media processes and its best practices:
- Employ social media training among your employees including personal and online programs.
- Create a manual around specific social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook so they can learn it easily.
- Establish an internal best practices forum and monthly calls that will allow all your social media practitioners to talk and discuss their learnings.
- Update your social media practitioners with the latest in the social media world by giving out monthly newsletters.
How about you? Do you know other ways to create an effective social media plan? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.